This module offers features to design simulation scenarios, controlling real-time simulation exercise and evaluate the performance of each student.
Vox Maris offers the most advanced scenario editor for a very friendly and intuitive scenario designing. The scenario editor allows:
- Graphically locate ships, shore stations, AIS targets, etc. on a world map
- Create events that force to the trainee to make decisions: "You have an injured sailor onboard and the situation require immediate medical attention"
- Generate failures to the trainees' equipment
- From any position of the world map, broadcasting of pre-recorded audios (VHF or MF/HF bands), transmit DSC messages (distress, distress relay, urgency, safety or routine), broadcasting of NAVTEX / SafetyNET messages, activation of SARTs, AIS-SARTs and EPIRBs
- Affect radio communications within a given region
Real time simulation control
After starting the simulation, the instructor evaluates from his workstation the performance of students in real time by monitoring their actions step by step and by controlling the status of the equipment of each student. Monitoring includes the following features:
- Real time communications listening
- Real time visualization of the screen of each trainee station
- Remote control/operation of the students workstations
- Monitoring of the status of the students equipments
- Audio/Video recording of the actions carried out by the student for assessment purposes
- Log of actions performed by the students